What Causes Dark Circle Under Eyes and How Do You Get Rid of Them?
Do you ever wonder what causes dark circle under eyes?
If you have them for a long time already, then you surely have thought about it a lot of times. No person wants to have black spots under the eyes because they are totally humiliating—especially if you are in a business where you meet different people on a regular basis.
Just imagine what would happen if you were to meet potential clients and the reason you weren’t able to snag the deal is they don’t find you nice to look at because of dark circles under the eyes.
It may sound funny and weird but it can happen. Some people are known to base really important decisions on trivial things like how they feel when they see you the first time. Although this seems really unfair, there’s nothing you can do but to make sure you look your best all the time.
But before you can find a really effective dark circles under eyes treatment, you have to understand what causes dark circle under eyes.
- Too much exposure to the sun. When you are exposed to the sun frequently, melanin, pigments that darken the skin, levels will rise. And since the skin under the eyes is thin, darkening of the skin will be a lot more visible than any other parts of the body.
- Not getting enough sleep. Dark circles under eyes are common in people who don’t get enough sleep. Technically, the lack of sleep isn’t responsible for darkening the skin. What happens here is that lack of sleep makes your skin pale, which makes dark circles more noticeable.
- Allergies and other illnesses. Doctors have indicated that dark circle formation is an indication of allergies especially in children. And when allergies cause too much itch and the person rubs the eyes frequently, the darkening is further aggravated.
- Aging. People age. When this happens, the skin surrounding the eyes become thinner, making dark circles more prominent. It’s not uncommon to see older people with black spots under the eyes.
- Lack of essential nutrients. One of the most overlooked dark circles under eyes causes is the lack of vital nutrients. There are cases where the lack of vitamins triggers the formation of dark circles.
Now that you have determined what causes dark circles under eyes, you will be able to find the right treatment. Say you discovered your allergy caused the darkening of the skin under your eyes; taking medications to counter the allergy should reduce the darkening.
Or if you’re constantly exposed to the sun, wearing sunscreen or using umbrellas to protect you from harmful UV rays should reduce your dark circles.
But the most common treatment for dark circles people use today is dark circle creams. There are tons of topical creams available today that are safe to use. Apply them continually and you will be able to see a great improvement in your dark circles.
Reviol Eye Cream for dark circles is the #1 recommended brand for getting rid of dark circles.